Do not feel guilty that you need help raising your child. It is the responsibility of the other parent to help raise the child, whether it is only on a financial basis. Some people are hesitant to file for wyoming child support but you shouldn’t be one of those people. There are so many reasons why filing for child support is the right thing to do. That includes the five reasons listed below.
1. Improved quality of life: When there is more money available, the child thrives, whether the money is used to buy their clothes and meet other needs or put into an account they’ll access layer down the road.
2. It is the parent’s responsibility: It is the parent’s responsibility to support their child financially. If they will not do this on their own, you can get child support involved and get what is rightfully owed to you.
3. Insurance: Child support requires that parents carry insurance on their child. You can be sure that your child has access to the medical care they deem necessary when there is insurance in place.
4. It is the child’s right: A child has the right to receive support from both parents. When they’re under the age of 18, it is the custodial parent’s responsibility to fight for their child and what they deserve. This is one of the things to fight for.
5. Teach your child lessons; When you show your child they have responsibility in life, you are giving them one of the greatest lessons in life they need. But, this is only one way that filing for child support helps your child learn more about life.
You didn’t make your child alone and should not be held financially responsible for them alone. File for child support and get what your child deserves.